We're an affiliate
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
It is a very common phenomenon among humans that they don’t get the proper size of the shoe. we know the feeling. when You find a pair of shoes that you bought or you receive a pair of shoes as a gift, but when you try them on, they are just too big for you. Shoes can either help you out with foot problems or have the chances to cause foot problems. There are several ways to help get your feet into a properly fitting pair of shoes.
Apart from making you feel uncomfortable, big shoes can cause severe blisters on your legs. There are numerous things you can do to make those large shoes fit on your legs better. Thus, making them safe to wear too.
But good news! Tons of helpful tips won’t worry you about the shoes being huge
This article will help explain these handy tricks. though purchasing shoes online is in demand chances are you must be depending only on the stated size and not on how the shoes will fit on your feet. Use these guidelines and hacks to follow how to choose the right shoes and ensure they fit you appropriately.
Not this big!!!!!
Maybe if the shoe is small then we get blisters by wearing it .and if we get a big size then it slips off from our heels. This dilemma of small and big size had made our lives perplexed while buying and wearing shoes.
It’s better if we buy shoes which are bigger because they will stay for a longer time and yes, we have some small quicky hacks which will be comfortable when you wear a big size of a shoe the next time!
1.Wearing Multiple Pair of Socks:
- It is one of the oldest and easiest ways to fill those extra spaces of your athletic shoes or boots by wearing a thicker shock or wearing multiple socks one above the other. This trick will also keep stability on your heels.
- Sometimes this trick even fails if you’re wearing an open shoe where shocks are not prominent. But still one can try it as a foremost option as this is the only easier and technical method to deal with, with the big size of shoes.
2.Fill up Those Empty Spaces:
- When you are in rush and want your shoes to be perfectly comfortable on your toes, then profoundly there are certain things like cotton, newspapers, and tissue papers that help to fill up those extra spaces left inside your shoes.
- It is one of the best methods of all, as you can fill the spaces anywhere and anytime as you want according to your comfort.
3.Water and Dryer Method:
If you are not in rush mode and want your oversized shoes to fit you up properly, we recommend this method. However, your shoes can be ruined if you do not follow the instructions carefully.
Firstly, you should know the material type of shoes you’re keeping. For Suede and leather shoes, you will need a spray water bottle. For running shoes and canvas, you can put them in water.
- Get the upper layer and the corner of the shoes all wet.
- Set the blow dryer on low heat and dry the shoe all around thoroughly, Avoid blowing on the same spot. moreover, place the dryer at least a few inches away from the shoe.
- When the shoes are dry, try them on to see if they fit. If they are a bit lose repeat the same thing all over again
- keeping as optional one can use a conditioning kit, especially for leather shoes, to maintain its shine.
4. Insert Big Shoe Filler:
- Big shoe filler is a product that works just like a shoe inserter. It mostly helps in preventing heel slippage and making your big-size shoes fit appropriately.
- You can use it for both men’s and women’s shoes without any issues. You just have to insert them in the toe box of your shoe.
5.Shrink up your Shoes:
- When you want to make your shoes fit right without filling them using different things, you can shrink them to reduce their sizes. This is a very simple process with simple ingredients, but you must be careful not to cause further damage to your shoes.
- First of all, understand the type of shoe material then check whether you can use water.
- If your shoe material is not repellent to water then get them wet. When dealing with athletic or formal shoes, you can further soak them in water for a few minutes
- After making them wet, start drying them. You can use a hairdryer to the medium setting if there isn’t too much sun outside.
- after some time you would notice it has dried check whether they fit properly or not If not, you can repeat the process until they shrink again.
- Finally, if your shoes are made of leather or suede, apply a condition kit to them
6.Visit a Shoe Repair Professional or Cobbler
- This option will be the most expensive but the best way to fix your shoes. You have already spent enough of your budget on buying these shoes, now you just want them to fit comfortably on your foot but some issues just need to be handled by someone with the right tools and machines.
- Shoe repair shops are not easy to find around urban areas these days and because of this problem they manage to increase their prices, so search for a better option rather than going for expensive ones that won’t are worth the investment.
Years of wear and tear can be harsh on our feet specifically flat feet. So can diseases, like poor circulation, improperly trimmed toenails, and wearing shoes that don’t fit properly. Problems with our feet can be the first sign of more serious medical conditions such as diabetes, and nerve and circulatory disorders.
Wearing comfortable shoes that fit appropriately can prevent numerous foot injuries or ailments.
Here are some tips for getting a proper shoe fit:
- The size of your foot alters as you grow so always keep your feet measured before buying shoes. to measure your feet it is best to check at the end of the day as your feet are a bit swollen
- it’s common to have one foot that is larger than the other, so fit your shoe to your larger foot.
- Don’t select shoes by the size marked on the bottom of the shoe but whether the shoe fits your feet or not.
- Select a shoe that fits perfectly like your foot.
- During the examination process, make sure there is enough space for your longest toe at the end of each shoe when you are moving or walking around.
- Don’t buy shoes that feel too tight and try them to stretch to fit.
- Your heel should fit comfortably in the shoe with a minimum amount of slipping your shoes should not ride up and down on your heel when you walk.
- Walk in the shoes to make sure they’re fit and right comfortable. Then take them home and spend some time walking on the floor to make sure the fit is a good one.
The upper part of the shoes should be made of original leather and flexible material. Shoes made of authentic leather can drastically compress the possibility of skin irritations. Soles should give a proper footing and to your feet and should not be slippery. shoes made of Thick soles provide your feet with a cushion when walking on concrete surfaces. Low-heeled shoes are more comfortable, flexible, and less affecting than high-heeled shoes.
What should be done to prevent foot problems?
According to Healthline
- Practice good foot care.
- Check your feet regularly, or have them checked by Podiatrists and orthopedic doctors who are qualified to treat major to minor foot problems. Sometimes proper advice given by an orthopedic surgeon or dermatologist becomes important
- Try walking more often It helps to keep blood circulating to your feet as much as possible. try putting your feet up when you are sitting or lying down, stretching if you’ve had to sit for a long while, walking, having a gentle foot massage, or taking a warm foot bath. Try to avoid pressure from shoes that don’t fit right.
- Try not to expose your feet to cold weather conditions.
- Don’t sit for long periods (especially with your legs crossed).
- Don’t drink or smoke
- Wearing comfortable shoes that fit perfectly can prevent many foot-related problems
Although there are several techniques you can try to make regular big shoes fit your feet, the best thing you can do is buying shoes specifically for your feet size. tons of shoes are designed to properly fit narrow widths to provide support and comfort in all of your daily activities so you can say goodbye to foot and knee pain and discomfort forever.
Shoes with a good fit provide adequate room in the toe area for twitching but not sliding. Moreover, they are cozy and offer proper ankle and knee support without limiting or restricting your foot causing blisters.
When your feet are between sizes, using tools to help pave the break-in process or slightly alter the fit will create the ideal, personalized shoe.