We're an affiliate
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
While Timberland boots are designed to withstand the rough and stumble of heavy wear, they’re often worn for fashion and are available in a ton of colors like blue, pink to regular colors like black and brown, etc. But the natural wheat or yellow color is most widely known and worn because when you hear “Timberlands,” this is the boot that comes in your mind first but to be clear, these boots get dirty very easily.
There are a lot of ways to take care of them, but the biggest downside of the boots by far is that they get dirty way more easily than regular leather as it is made from nubuck leather, which uses a variety of different materials to ensure each pair of Timberland boots does its job correctly. Most of the boot uppers are made of leather, which can be hard-wearing full-grain, stylish suede, or best-of-both nubuck.
In this article, I will be suggesting a few basic but excellent ideas on how to keep your Timberland boots clean and tidy just because your boots got too dirty on a walk into the office! and now you are worried about your boot appearance!
So if you’re someone who likes having spotless boots, you should know that it’s gonna take some work with Timberland.
7 ways to clean Timberland Boots
1)How to Remove Tough Stains?
Use white vinegar with a water
- Firstly, brush off any excess salt that may be on your Timberland boots.
- Mix 1 spoon vinegar with 2 spoon water
- Wet down a clean cotton ball with vinegar.
- Gently dab the surface of the boots where there are stains. Allow drying this method is especially effective on salt stains since the acid in vinegar dissolves rock salt pellets, but keeps the suede intact.
- Using a fresh cloth, wipe away the vinegar residue.
- This will dissolve tough stains but the boot will smell of vinegar for a while to vanish off the smell keep it in a fully air-conditioned room or an outside in a clean, ventilated and dry place
2)How to clean muddy Timberland boots?
Use baby wipes and tissue paper
- Baby wipes are safe and harmless for cleaning leather boots.
- Baby wipes should dissolve stains without damaging the material.
- Gently rub a fresh baby wipe across the surface of your Timberlands to remove light dirt and enhance the shine.
- The cleansers are gentle and effective on the leather hide
Further to avoid humidity, use tissue paper (This is the best soft scrubber that you can find at your house) to absorb the humidity of the boot.
3)How to remove small spot marks?
Use gum eraser or suede eraser
- Remove small spots from the surface of your Timberlands with a gum eraser. Gently rub the problem area in a circular motion or
- Apply a bit of pressure as your rub, and increase as needed for tougher stains
- until it has disappeared but don’t press too hard since this could ruin the nap.
- Once this process is done, take 1-2 tablespoons of talcum powder and sprinkle it on the area where tough stains and scuff marks are still present and visible.
- Once done, let them dry for the next few hours
This combo cleaning method is the best and most efficient one. No matter what types of stains or scuff marks are there on your boot, this cleaning method will produce the best results possible.
4)How to remove greasy oil-based stains?
Use cornmeal or baking soda
- Generously sprinkle cornmeal or baking soda onto a greasy oil-based stain. Press lightly with your hand or a paper towel and let the morsels sit for a few minutes or an hour ( that would be more effective )
- Brush off or wipe off the powder with a soft cloth when done. Cornmeal acts as a sponge and will soak up the oil.
don’t forget to remove the laces as well If they’re dirty, run them through the washing machine or replace them
5)How to clean dirt particles?
Use a soft-bristled toothbrush or suede brush
- Employ a toothbrush to quickly swipe away any minor dirt or dust. You can also use one to lift the nap after you’ve cleaned your boots, once they are dry. Simply stroke the brush lightly and quickly along the suede surface. Toothbrushes with firm bristles work best to loosen dirt.
- Or else, just use a suede or leather cleaning brush to remove the remaining soft marks or stains from your boots. If you don’t have the suede or leather cleaning brush, then you can check out the range on amazon.
6)How to clean the insoles and side part of the boots
Use mild detergent soap
- If somehow by mistake your insoles get drenched with coffee or wet mud then don’t worry!
- Drench the soles of the Timberland boots with water and scrub them with soap using a toothbrush. Gently scrape out any buildup dirt that is in the soles. Wash the soles with warm water to get out any remaining dirt
You could use cotton swabs to remove the dirt from the tread. Dip the cotton swab in warm, soapy water and run it along the grooves until all of the dirt is gone
7)How to Maintain and Protect your Boots?
Use a Timberland boot care kit
- If you want to prevent your no it’s from getting dirty.
- Use a foaming cleaner to eliminate any marks or blemishes. Simply apply the product evenly to your boots using a sponge applicator and scrub them clean.
- For preventative care, invest in a stain repellent spray to protect against water and other stains. We’ve also got you covered with some well-known Timberland Product Care Kit from Amazon that contains everything you need to keep your boots gleaming for longer.
- moreover, try stuffing them with newspaper overnight to help to draw out moisture. In the morning follow-up with a quick spray of our Air Raider Boot and Shoe Refresher to slow staining and retain that box-fresh scent.
Invest in a durable boot or shoe and, combined with the right upkeep, they’ll last you for years – while still looking clean and sharp.
Must Avoid Tips While Cleaning Timberland Boots
- Never press too hard while cleaning the boot this could ruin the nap
- For cotton rag always use white vinegar
- Use toothbrushes with firm bristles to remove dust
- The acid content in the solution cleans stains, though try to avoid heavy use of it otherwise it will damage the solid texture of the leather
- Take one or two dryer sheets, roll up and place them inside your boots. This will remove any bad odour and freshen up the smell insides of your boots
- Too much scrubbing can damage the Nubuck, so avoid it as much as possible
- Always try to use the official timberland washing kit and tools to avoid the warranty restrictions, if there is none for your product, feel free to apply the kit you seem fit.
Can you use a washing machine to clean Timberland boots?
Never wash your boots in the washing machine or even with soap and brush as the excess friction that the tumble causes can severely damage your shoes.
The only parts of your boots that are okay to wash in the machine are the shoelaces. The rest of the boot should be cleaned with the above-mentioned home remedies
Sure, it’s more time consuming than just putting them in a washing machine but it’s worth maintaining your Timberland’s since they are an expensive investment.
also, Moisture can change the shape of your boots. Keep this in mind while cleaning them. Keep a steady hand or support inside the shoe when cleaning. You can use this to your advantage if you have any wrinkles on your boots that you need to get rid of. Just use slight hand pressure from inside to bring them back to their original shape.
Timberland boots are ideally constructed for construction and industry workers. They are made in such a way that it attracts more dirt and stains wherever you go.
Although they have become regular fashionable boots in our everyday life, they still need lots of cleaning regularly.
If you do not maintain these boots properly, the overall life span of these types of footwear deteriorates over time. To maintain the color and durability of your Timberland boot, you can implement some of the simplest home remedies which we have mentioned above
By including all these methods one by one using the material that we suggested, you can simply clean your timberland boots without any hassle to keep your boots last longer.