We're an affiliate
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
The profession of Massage Therapists is growing at a fast pace. This fast-paced job can become really exhausting if you didn’t wear the best shoes for massage therapists.
Massage Therapist is like a magician, who knows how to engage the customers and relax them from all the tensions. With the help of fingers, palms, elbows and some essential skills, he/she performs wonders and refreshes the customers. But this relaxing massage therapy can stress your feet if the best shoes for a massage therapist are not worn.
Proper shoes for massage therapists helps your feet from getting less tired and stressed, as long hours of standing leads to several foot issues. Although, many people think that there is no such category or option as the best shoes for massage therapists.
With the spike in the massage therapy industry, many companies are claiming that their shoes are best for massage therapists. In case you have just started working as a massage therapist and looking for the perfect footwear. We have listed some of the best shoes for massage therapists which will fit your needs perfectly.
OUR TOP PICKS
1.Dansko Wayne’s Slip-On Shoes
- Prepared with 100% leather material
- Easy slip in and slip-off design
- Slip-resistant outsole for a firm grip
- Leather socking for additional comfort
- PU midsole and EVA insole ensure proper cushioning and absorb shock
2. Dr. Comfort Ranger Therapeutic Diabetic Extra Depth Hiking Boot
- Stylish and professional in design
- Full-grain leather upper for comfortable wear
- Contact closure with no-tie elastic lace for perfect fitting
- Lightweight construction
- Suitable in arthritis and diabetic medical conditions
- Removable insoles
3. Sketchers Segment Rilar Oxford
- Smooth Oiled Mohawk Leather Upper
- Lace-up closure for adjustable fitting
- Fits true to size
- Synthetic outsoles ensure durability and comfort
- Oxford design for professional appeal
- Textile linings and foam insoles for comfortable fitting
10 Best Shoes for Massage Therapists
1.Dansko Wayne’s Slip-On Shoes- Best shoes for massage therapists
Casual and comfy that’s the feature you will get from the first shoe from Dansko. Dansko Waynes Slip-On Shoes are prepared with 100% leather material which is quite comfortable and doesn’t tear down easily.
This imported shoe is designed with leather socking that increases comfort during long continuous massage therapies. It is properly cushioned with PU midsole and EVA insole that provides additional comfort and absorbs shock easily.
The easy slip in and slip off construction comes with additional support through the padded collar and riveted shank construction. Along with that, the slip-resistant nylon rubber outsole offers good traction and protection from injuries.
- Ensures comfort for a longer duration
- Offers good breathability
- Suitable for long hours of work
- Easy to wear with a slip-on design
- Offers support and stability
- Ensures durability and traction
- Offers proper fitting
- highly durable.
- Takes some break-in period
- Material is little stiff
2.Dr. Comfort Ranger Therapeutic Diabetic Extra Depth Hiking Boot
If you work for long hours as a massage therapist, then Ranger Therapeutic Diabetic Extra Depth Hiking Boot from Dr. Comfort is the perfect choice for you. This hiking shoe is built with full top grain leather that is quite durable and meets the standards of professional working conditions.
Dr. Comfort has designed this hiking shoe in a unique and stylish design that fits those massage therapists who always want to stay fashionable. Unlike usual footwear, these boots come with contact closure and no tie elastic lace that offers easy and comfortable fitting throughout the feet.
The leather upper offers nice ventilation which lets your feet stay fresh during exhausting and hot days. The boot has a removable footbed that offers you the option to add extra cushioning as per your requirement. The added gel cushioning insoles helps in shock absorption and ensures comfort and stability which is required by a person with diabetes and arthritis issues.
- Offers comfort for a longer duration
- Offers a stylish yet professional look
- Ensures easy and comfortable fitting throughout the feet
- Offers good breathability and durability with leather upper
- Offers extra cushioning with removable footbed
- Ensures protection with gel insoles
- It is quite expensive
- Not suitable for those who prefer casual footwear
Also Read:-Best Shoes for running a half Marathon
3.Sketchers Segment Rilar Oxford
Sketchers is known for manufacturing the footwear that goes well with all kind of conditions, is it be professional seminars or casual meets. Sketchers Segment Rilar Oxford is one such product that fits perfectly with the requirement of a massage therapist.
Fitting the criteria of professionalism, these Oxford shoes will give you the confidence to present yourself with style. It is prepared with a leather upper with a lace-up design that offers a comfortable and adjustable fitting. Differentiating itself from other shoes, the shoe is designed with quite some height in heels which helps in maintaining correct body posture.
Soft textile linings ensure the comfortable fitting and didn’t cause blisters during long workdays. It’s true to size feature and synthetic outsoles keep the feet free from fatigue.
- Offers professional look with Oxford design
- Ensures comfortable and adjustable fitting
- Fits true to size
- Provides proper cushioning with textile linings and insoles
- Ensures durability with leather upper
- Offers flexibility with lightweight construction
- Not appropriate ventilation due to closed design
- Cause squeaky noise during walks
4.Birki Men’s Super Polyurethane Clog
Birki is known for providing high-quality footwear that is prepared in Germany. It’s Men’s Super Polyurethane Clog is built for both casual as well as professional wear in professions like massage therapists.
Birki has taken proper care of comfort with a removable footbed that absorbs shock and reduces pressure. Its natural design provides comfortable fitting throughout the feet. The upper is built with synthetic material which ensures the durability of the clog.
Due to its synthetic construction, you will be able to easily flex your feet. The clog can be cleaned easily with soap and water. All these features ensure comfort for long hours and keep the feet free from fatigue.
- Offers comfort with casual design
- Ensures breathability
- Offers durabilty
- Can be cleaned easily with water and soap
- Ensures flexibility with a unique construction
- Heavy in weight
- Not available in different color variations
5.Nike Flyknit Lunar 3 Running Shoes
Sports shoes are one of the top footwear whenever you look for comfort and style. The same goes for Nike Flyknit Lunar 3 Running shoes which is designed to offer comfort, support, and stability with a stylish look.
Nike has built this shoe with a synthetic material that offers a stylish and sober design which is quite fashionable. It comes in a variety of colorways that gives you the choice to select from your favorite option. The lace-up closure offers adjustable fitting and keeps the feet intact at its place.
Nike has used a unique Flyknit design that is quite flexible and breathable which gives full-day comfort. The shoe is fully padded with midsole and collar area while the additional countered sockliner ensures to protect the feet from sudden shocks and fatigues.
- Offers comfort with fully padded insoles and collar
- Provides a stylish look with a unique design
- Available in multiple color variants
- It is lightweight
- Offers adjustable fitting with lace-up closure
- Ensures flexibility with flyknit design
- Can be worn during runs and work
- Provides full day comfort
- It is a bit narrow
- It is expensive as compared to other options
6.Sketchers for Work Men’s Cottonwood Goddard Twin Gore Slip Resistant Slip On
Sketcher’s unique design and construction is the reason behind its suitability for massage therapists. It’s Work Men’s Cottonwood Goddard Twin Gore Slip-Resistant Slip-On is the second option from Sketchers that is a must-try.
The shoe is built with leather upper and rubber outsole that ensures durability, traction and comfort which makes it the right choice for daily wear. Sketchers has taken proper care about the cushioning as memory foam helps in reducing the stress from standing for a longer duration. While the Supportive shock absorbing midsole protects the feet from sudden shocks and knee pain.
Sketchers used Dual side stretch fabric panels that facilitate easy slip on and fit the feet perfectly. Its construction is quite relaxing and suits both works as well as casual events.
- Offers comfort with a unique design
- Can be worn during work or other events
- Provides proper cushioning in midsole and collar area
- Ensures true to size fitting
- Offers maximum support
- Ensures durability and comfort with leather upper
- Provides superior stability with slip-resistant outsoles
- Issues with the durability of shoe
- Cushioning may get worn out after few wears
7.Dansko Women’s Professional Clog-Best shoes for massage therapists
Dansko Women’s Professional Clog is another amazing footwear from Dansko that suits the job of female Massage Therapists. Its comfortable slip-on design helps you in easy wear and taking off as per the requirements of massage therapy.
Dansko prepared this casual design clog with a 100% leather upper that offers a professional look and ensures nice durability. The padded instep collar ensures comfortable fitting and protection from blisters or pain. Its roomy reinforced toe box offers plenty of space to toes so that they can easily flex and doesn’t get hurt due to small space.
Dansko used PU outsole with rocker bottom technology that keeps the feet free from fatigue and returns more energy. It protects the feet with shock absorption feature and the PU foam footbed ensures the foot comfort by allowing ventilation during exhausting days. The wider heel strike ensures better stability.
- Offers easy slip in and slip off
- Provides professional look
- Ensures durability with leather upper
- Offers plenty of room to toes with a reinforced roomy toebox
- Offers better stability with a wider heel
- Ensures comfort with fully padded insoles
- Offers breathability and traction
- Available in different colorways
- Heavy in weight
- Varies in fitting as these are handmade shoes
8.Sketchers Performance Women’s Go Walk Slip-On Walking Shoe
Sketchers Women’s Go Walk Slip-On Walking Shoe is built in a quite simple and comfortable design. The synthetic and fabric upper are quite lightweight that doesn’t put too much weight on feet during long runs.
The shoe consists of ortholite insoles that keep the feet free from odor, while the Resalyte cushioning returns the energy and keeps the feet free from fatigue. The shoe is prepared with the right amount of support that helps you to work for a longer duration.
Sketchers has inserted Independent circular sensors in the material of shoe that make it truly flexible and offers a nice response during walks. It is available in various color variations which make it suitable for wearing along with multiple outfits.
- Offers comfort with proper cushioning
- Ensures breathability
- Designed with lightweight construction
- Can be worn with various type of outfits
- Offers proper support
- Keeps the feet free from odor
- Offers flexibility and good energy returns
- Few issues with sizing
- Not good for running
- It is not attractive in appearance
9.Adidas Originals Men’s Tubular Shadow Sneaker Running Shoe
Men’s Tubular Shadow Sneaker Running Shoe from Adidas Originals series is the next footwear for massage therapists. The shoe is prepared in a sock-like design that fits the feet softly and the mesh material offers good breathability that keeps the feet dry throughout your work.
Adidas has used unique two tones knit upper that is quite lightweight and flexible which helps you in performing your work as a massage therapist without feeling too much burden. The shoes come with three integrated stripes that offer compression and cushioning all over the feet. TPU design used in heels offers added support and stability during therapies.
The shoe comes in three different color variations which allows you to choose the correct color that goes along with your massage therapist uniform. The synthetic sole comes with a rubber outsole that ensures the durability and flexibility of the shoe.
- Ensures comfort with knit upper
- Offers flexibility with knit construction
- Keeps the feet free from burden due to lightweight design
- Offers breathability with a sock-like design
- Provides all-round comfort with maximum cushioning
- Can be worn with multiple outfits
- It is not durable
- Few issues with the comfort of the shoe
- It is hard to clean
10.Brooks Men’s Ghost 10 Running Shoe
Another sports shoe that supports your feet throughout the exhausting massage therapies is Brooks Men’s Ghost 10 Running Shoe. This shoe comes with an engineered mesh upper that is highly breathable and easily flex with every movement of the feet.
The best part about this shoe that it comes with a medium to high arch support which distributes the pressure and protects the feet from getting severe injuries. The shoe is prepared with lace-up closure design which offers comfortable and snug-fitting. The lightweight synthetic overlays add to the durability factor of the shoe.
Brooks has taken proper care of comfort and cushioning as the soft fabric lining gives comfortable fitting, while the removable foam insole ensures better comfort for all foot types. The BioMoGo DNA cushioning helps in absorbing shock and Full-length Segmented Crash Pad smoother your strides so that you walk easily for the whole day. Omega flex grooves ensure natural forefoot movement.
- Offers comfort for walks and runs
- Ensures breathability
- Offers great arch support
- Provides snug fitting with lace-up closure
- Comes in a lightweight design
- Offers durabilty and traction
- Provide proper cushioning throughout the feet
- Offers natural forefoot movements with flex grooves
- It is not durable
11.Champions Women’s Rewind Slip-on
The last shoe in our list is Champion Rewind Slip-on which fulfills the needs of those massage therapists who want something as comfy as their massage. The shoe is designed in the casual slip-on style that offers easy on and off.
Champions prepared this shoe with unique perform-tex microfiber fabric material that is quite lightweight and offers superior durability. The shoe comes with mesh upper construction that offers proper ventilation which keeps your feet dry and fresh during exhausting days.
The shoe is built with proper comfort as the GO-MAT technology used in the insole provides high energy returns and you will be able to walk miles without feeling tired. The lightweight rubber outsoles offer perfect traction and the round toe box provides nice room for toes to wiggle.
- Offers comfort with a unique design
- Ensures easy on and off with the slip-in design
- Ensures durability with microfiber fabric
- Offers breathability with mesh upper
- Provides protection from shock
- Offers traction
- Lacks in arch support
- Few issues with a shoe size
How to choose the best shoes for Massage Therapists?
It is a little bit confusing to select the best shoes for massage therapists. As some shoes offer you all-day comfort whereas some take care of your feet while performing other outdoor activities. That makes it really important that you remember some basic features of a perfect shoe for massage therapists.
- Cushioned footbed
As much as a session of Massage Therapy feels relaxing and soothing, the work of a massage therapist is quite tiring. You need to spend most of your time on feet which leads to pain and stress in the lower area or heels of the foot. This pain leads to many severe leg injuries in the future.
To conquer this issue, you need to select the shoe that offers proper cushioning in the footbed. So that it will absorb the shock and distribute the pressure throughout the feet. Shoes with gel cushioning footbed and removable insoles offer nice support.
A massage therapist’s work is to engage the customer with his/her communication skills so that the customer gets comfortable during the massage. Apart from skills, massage therapists need to feel the same comfortability.
A comfortable shoe is the main element that provides comfort to the massage therapist throughout the day. Proper cushioning, fitting, flexibility, support, good material, and roomy toe box are some of the main elements that add to the comfort. A round toe box offers ample space for toes to flex.
- Proper fitting
Being the basic and important factor, a shoe needs to fit properly to your feet. Especially, in the profession of a massage therapist who presents a positive and confident attitude toward the customers. It is really essential to feel the same confidence and positivity.
Buying a smaller size leads to blister and easily fatigues your feet in a smaller duration. A larger size may come off while walking and cause uneasiness. It’s best to choose the shoes with proper fitting. While the experts recommend massage therapists to choose a bigger size as foot expands after getting tired from long hours of work.
- Arch Support
Most of the massage therapists spend their time on foot, be it during massage therapy or while performing other works that come with the job. It leads to many foot issues and less satisfaction in the job.
In order to feel fully relaxed and get maximum satisfaction out of your profession, you need to wear the shoes that offer good arch support. As good arch support distributes the pressure throughout the foot and releases tension from one area. Along with that, it improves body posture which will eventually prevent severe foot injuries.
- Flexible and lightweight
Massage Therapists need to wear shoes that are both flexible as well as lightweight. The flexible factor helps you in moving and turning easily which will not lead to any sudden twists or pain due to stiff shoes.
A heavy shoe puts the extra weight whenever you stand and work for longer hours. In order to feel relaxed and focussed during your work, it’s important that you pay proper attention to the work. The lightweight shoe will not put too much pressure on feet and helps you in working for longer hours.
With the fast-paced life, nobody is getting proper time to relax and take some time off for themselves. Due to this most people from an early age get cramps and tensed muscles. To get free from these tensed muscles and body pains, massage therapy seems like the best choice.
This high demand for massage therapy has increased the demand for massage therapists, but to provide good therapy massage therapists needs to wear the best shoes for massage therapists. So that they feel relaxed and don’t get burdened with that extra weight.
All the best shoes for massage therapists mentioned above will help you in performing your work with ease and take care of your feet so that you didn’t face any injuries in feet.